Saturday, August 14, 2010

Our New Home


Home: Noun
1. a house, apartment, or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family, or household.

2. the place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

3. any place of residence or refuge: a heavenly home 
  We are now in the "appartment" version of a home, and I am working on having "affection" toward it...as a family we certainly find a bit of "heaven" here each day. 
 
After helping us get settled, my father-in-law offered to give Josh and I each a priesthood blessing. I am so grateful for the Lords help as we face this endevor of law school. I have faith in the blessings of the priesthood, and I know that as we strive to do what is right the Lord will bless us.
 
We have lived in three homes over the course of our almost 9 year marriage...in each home, by the power of the priesthood, Josh has offered a prayer of dedication.  He prays that our home will be safe and protected from the elements of nature, and  that we will be safe and proctected spiritually...that we will speak kindly and treat eachother with love and respect...that our home will be a place where we can feel close to the spirit of our Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful for these simple prayers of dedication...they give me such feelings of peace and security, and much to work toward!

No comments:

Post a Comment