Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bloody Nose

Today Charlie got a bloody nose, a really bloody nose. Blood slowly started running down his nose, I grabbed a papertowel to wipe up his face...he saw the blood and started to panic. He was trying to get away, feeling smothered by my wiping his nose...then he started crying, and then the blood started dripping everywhere, still trying to wipe him up, I started pulling off his cute shirt, and then I found myself striping my shirt off.  I yelled to Josh for a towl and more rags....and to turn on Cars to help calm Charlie down.  As I tried to cradle him and tip his head back, I noticed that his mouth was full of blood! His teeth and tongue were covered...He was sobbing over the taste and screaming for a drink. So I grabbed a bottle of water, and of course as he goes to drink, the blood drips down into the water...gross!  Josh was running (in his fatherly dither) to the computer to look up nose bleeds... hello...who needs to look at the computer to fix a bloody nose. While I am trying to get Charlie to tip his head back, Josh was yelling at me to pinch his nose...Charlie was screaming, "Don't pinch me mommy!" can you picture the circus...Once we  finally shuffeled around and got Cars going, Charlie calmed down and realized that I was trying to help him. He relaxed in my arms and let me tip his head back...then I gently pinched his nose...the bleeding stopped. Charlie talked about his bloody nose the rest of the night. Whew! I hope we never face a real emergency at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment